Principal and Lobbyist Online Reporting System Sign in to get started.
Register for an account
The Lobbyist service is for you if you are:
- A Lobbyist wishing to make application for license (Form L-1).
- Note: You must file with the Commissioner within five business days after entering into an oral or written agreement to receive payment(s) of $2,650 or more; or after receiving payment(s) of $2,650 or more for the purposes of lobbying the legislature.
The Principal's service is for you if you are:
- A Principal who has made payment(s) or who has agreed to make payments of $2,650 or more to an individual to lobby the legislature on your behalf and wish to authorize an individual to represent you (Form L-2), or
- A Principal who has made payment(s) or has agreed to make payment(s) to exceed $2,650 to individuals to lobby the legislature on your behalf, but who has not paid any single individual an amount exceeding $2,650 (Form L-3).
- A Principal who has registered with the Commissioner of Political Practices and who must file Lobbying Financial Reports (Form L-5).
- Click on the Principal button to file Form L-5 reports.
You may use either service if you are already registered and wish to update your information.
Have Questions? Please call our office at (406) 444-2942 for further clarification. Our hours are from 8am to 5pm weekdays.
Recent Activity Registration Period: 2021 - 2022
|Report Type||Date Covered||Due Date|
|Initial||January 1 to 31 (session)||February 15th, 2021|
|Monthly*||February 1 to 28 (session)||March 15th|
|Monthly*||March 1 to 31 (session)||April 15th|
|Post Session||End of last report to end of session||30 days post adjourn|
|Session Year End||End of session to December 31st||February 15th, 2022|
|Post Special Session||End of session to end of special session||30 days post adjourn|
|Non Session Year End||January 1 to December 31st||February 15th, 2021|
*Due only if $5,000 or greater has been spent during the month.